- Free Delivery (Within 3 Days, U.K. postage only)
- Peat-free & eco-friendly packaging
- Well structured soil that uses key ingredients for a strong root system
- Suitable for all indoor herbs
- Comes in a resealable bag to keep the compost fresh for at least twelve months
- Includes a Step-by-Step Guide on repotting your houseplant via email.
This potting mix is suitable for...
- Caraway (Persian Cumin)
- Coriander (Cilantro)
- Lemon Balm
This potting mix isn't suitable for... (Visit the link to purchase the suitable compost!)
Can't see your plant? Visit the FAQs to see the definitive list or send us an email/message with the name of your plant and we'll point you in the right direction! 😊
Don't know the size of your new pot yet? Simply measure the pot's top diameter to find the perfect amount of compost you'll need for repotting. Alternatively, you can purchase a 'Houseplant Repotting Kit' that'll include this compost, a pot & saucer, and a free bottle of Baby Bio!
|Size (Litres)||Ideal for...|
|1.2L||12cm pots, or smaller. Great for sowing seeds, too.|
|3L||15cm - 18cm pots|
|5L||20cm - 25.4cm pots, or multiple repottings|
|8L||30.5cm pots, or larger plants (Like Laurel Bay Leafs)|
For the last five years, we have been formulating composts for our houseplants, balancing the critical ingredients for different groups (Bonsai, Bulbs, Cacti, Tropicals, etc.), with varying ratios of compost, perlite, grit & sand. We believe that a well-structured soil is critical for maximising both the root and foliar growth performance. We source the compost from well-respected companies in the U.K., which has tight restrictions over quality control & environmental regulations/promises.
Checklist for a Successful Repotting:
- Ensure the new pot has drainage holes in its bottom. No matter how good a compost is, you're always running the risk of root rot if water begins to accumulate in the pot's base. Struggling with the suitable pot? Why not buy our Houseplant Repotting Kit that includes the compost, a plastic pot of your chosen size and a complimentary bottle of Baby Bio. From £17.99 with free delivery.
- Respect the roots. 'Transplant Shock' is a common issue among heavy-handed transplants, so always be delicate and try not to over-touch the roots or pull soil from them. You can always book a 1-1 Video Call with Joe Bagley if you're worried about transplantation.
- Fill the new pot a fifth-deep with the new potting mix. Sit the plant on top of the mix and fill the gap between the pot and roots. Instead of patting down the compost for support, simply give the plant a thorough soak with water to consolidate its new soil. Wait until the drainage holes finish dripping water before placing it in your decorative pot. Job well done!
- Fill a 7cm plastic pot with your Indoor Herb compost and water it thoroughly. It's best to do this outside to avoid spilling compost-water everywhere!
- Re-spread the compost to flatten it out and spread the seeds across, making sure they have at least a 4mm gap between them.
- Sprinkle the vermiculite that we've sent over the soil to lock-in the moisture and place the pot(s) on a north or east-facing windowsill away from radiators. Keep the soil continuously moist and wait for new growth to emerge!
Need any help? Send us a message and we'll point you in the right direction. 😊