Our Citrus Tree Compost is made here in the UK and comes in a resealable bag, meaning that you can always use it later if you have too much. It'll also stay fresh for at least twelve months once opened, so never worry about it going off shortly after purchase. We formulate the soil ourselves and keep it in quarantine for 14 days to ensure there are no soil-borne pests like Fungus Gnats.
- Free Delivery (Within 3 - 5 working days, UK postage only)
- Peat-free compost & eco-friendly packaging
- Contains grit, sand, biochar and perlite to promote stronger root systems and good drainage
- Comes in a resealable bag to keep the compost fresh for at least twelve months
- Includes a Step-by-Step Guide on repotting AND a 50% off voucher for a 1-1 Plant-Advice Call! (Both via email).
This potting mix is suitable for...
- Lemon Trees
- Lime Trees
- Olive Trees (Not strictly 'Citrus', but still suitable for this compost)
- Orange Trees
This potting mix is also perfect for growing Citrus Trees from seed, too.
This potting mix isn't suitable for... (Visit the link to purchase the suitable compost!)
Can't see your plant? Send us an email/message with the name of your plant and we'll point you in the right direction! 😊
Don't know the size of your new pot yet? Simply measure the pot's top diameter to find the perfect amount of compost you'll need for repotting. Alternatively, you can purchase a 'Citrus Tree Repotting Kit' that'll include this compost, a pot & saucer, and a free bottle of fertiliser!
|Size (Litres)||Ideal for...|
|1.2L||13cm pots or smaller. Great for sowing/raising seeds.|
|5L||15cm - 20cm pots|
|10L||25.4cm - 30.5cm pots|
|15L||Multiple repottings or larger plants|
- Ensure the new pot has drainage holes in its bottom. No matter how good a compost is, you're always running the risk of root rot if water begins to accumulate in the pot's base. Struggling with the suitable pot? Why not buy our 'Citrus Repotting Kit' that includes the compost, a plastic pot of your chosen size and a complimentary bottle of Baby Bio. From £14.99 with free delivery.
- Respect the roots. 'Transplant Shock' is a common issue among heavy-handed transplants, so always be delicate and try not to over-touch the roots or pull soil from them. You can always book a 1-1 Video Call with Joe Bagley if you're worried about transplantation.
- Fill the new pot a fifth-deep with the new potting mix. Sit the plant on top of the mix and fill the gap between the pot and roots. Instead of patting down the compost for support, simply give the plant a thorough soak with water to consolidate its new soil. Wait until the drainage holes finish dripping water before placing it in your decorative pot. Job well done!
- Fill a 7cm plastic pot with your 'Citrus Tree' compost and water it thoroughly. It's best to do this outside to avoid spilling compost-water everywhere!
- Re-spread the compost to flatten it out and push the seed around 1cm deep, making sure they have at least a 2.5cm gap between them.
- Re-surface the soil to lock-in the moisture and place the pot(s) on a north or east-facing windowsill away from radiators. Keep the soil continuously moist and wait for new growth to emerge! (Up to three months).
Need any help? Send us a message and we'll point you in the right direction. 😊